Hand of God

Hand of God

Thursday, December 19, 2013

God controls the traffic

When we think of God, we think of an all-powerful, almighty and all-knowing being, who has power over the elements, earth and sky, and rightly so, because he is. But sometimes we forget that he has control over the small things as well. Have you ever thought about the fact that God controls the traffic? Allow me to share a couple examples...
The other day we were running a little behind for a doctor's appointment in Manhattan. It wasn't a big thing, but we were on the local D train from the Bronx, and it was making a LOT of stops. However, I said a quick prayer that we would arrive on time, and the very next stop the man driving the train said "Hey! We're going express people, here we go!" and the train turned into an express train, arriving more than 20 minutes earlier than it would have otherwise.


The next one is that I can't even count the number of times I have prayed for a bus to arrive to help us get to appointments on time and it has. There is a bus stop pretty close to where we live that never comes on time unless I say a prayer. And every time I do, without fail, we arrive at our destination on time.
Finally, late at night one time we were relatively far from where we lived and had to get back at a certain time, so we decided to take the bus. However, a young man that we had with us decided he had to use the bathroom right as the bus was supposed to arrive. Knowing that we couldn't leave him there far from his home late at night, I said a prayer that God would slow the bus down this time. I'll let you guess what happened-- that's right, the bus pulled up right as he got out of the building and ran up to the bus stop.

These are just a few of the experiences I've had recently with the hand of God in my life! In what ways have you seen it recently?

1 comment:

  1. Last Sunday I was on my way to a church meeting where I had a part in the program. I was already running late, and waiting at a bus stop as rain poured down around me, (luckily the bus stop had a cover.) I prayed that I could make it on time, though it wasn't looking good because I still needed to make a transfer from the bus I wasn't even on yet to another bus. I had to wait a bit longer before the bus came.
    As I got to the transfer stop, I got out into the rain and directly onto the next bus. There was no rain cover at the transfer stop, so the perfect timing kept me from having to get soaked. I arrived at my destination just a minute or so before the scheduled starting time. It was a testimony of God's willingness to help me and his timing.

    ReplyDelete