Hand of God

Hand of God

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Tools in the Lord's Hands




I saw this video the other day and it really made me think. We all have our own problems in our lives, our own personal challenges that we face every single day. It can be extremely difficult to think about anything other than the present situation sometimes, especially with some of the trials that we face every single day. However, something we need to realize is that the number one way that God works in our lives here on this earth is through others. And if we're not willing to reach out to others, how can we expect that they'll be willing to reach out to us?

Up to this point I've been writing about how I've seen the Hand of God in my life, and how I know God is real and that he loves me, but today, since it's Christmas Eve, I'd like to talk about how we can be the hand of God for others in their lives.


 Every single day we pass people in need; we pass people who are hungry, cold, depressed, worried, lonely, worried, scared, abused, and the list goes on and on. It is so easy to get wrapped up in our own little world, worries, doubts and fears, and let all of these opportunities to be more Christlike pass by. What we need is a little more perspective, and a little more of the love of God in our hearts.

These past several months that I have been serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I have constantly been looking for service opportunities, and I can't even begin to say how many service opportunities I've had. Helping take groceries up the stairs; holding the door open for someone on the train or bus; helping someone find some food; helping move someone or paint their house; and most importantly, bringing them the word of God. Many times when I have had these experiences, I have heard people say "wow, God's watching out for me!" "I'm so glad God sent you!" and many other things such as that. It is truly humbling to be able to be a tool in God's hand here on the earth, and the level of happiness and joy it brings is incredible.

Now, why is this important? Because the thing is, every one of us can have these experiences every single day. Go out and give some service, try to make the world a little brighter, ease somebody's burden, and you will begin to feel the happiness and joy that comes from being the hands of God here on the earth. This Christmas, and every other day of the year, give Christ the gift that matters most of all; the gift of Christlike service, of love for your fellowman. 



37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee asick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have adone it unto one of the bleast of these my cbrethren, ye have done it unto me. 

(Matthew 25:37-40)

No comments:

Post a Comment